London Fire Department names new Officers
LONDON KY—The London Fire Department officially named six new officers on Tuesday, Sept. 29th, 2020.
With the possibility of the City of London’s future annexation, London Fire Chief Carl Hacker recommended that new fire stations would be needed as well as the leadership of more officers.
“It is wise to appoint officers at this time and allow them to gain the experience of the newly appointed positions in preparation – before any future annexation takes place,” Chief Hacker said.
The officers include:
- Assistant Chief Juh-Rawn Napier, a volunteer of 16 years.
- Captain Darren Wyatt, a volunteer of 32 years.
- Captain Scottie Weaver, a full-time firefighter with 8 years of experience.
- Lieutenant Drew Allen, a full-time firefighter with 7 years of experience.
- Lieutenant Zack Johns, a full-time firefighter with 7 years of experience.
- Lieutenant Ricky George, a full-time firefighter with 4 years of experience.
The Department currently employs 18 and has 37 volunteer members. The department answers approximately 1,026 calls annually.