The City of London Fire Department began its story in August of 1922 at a City of London City Council Meeting. The need arose after numerous fires in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries destroyed many properties in London. The first department had 11 members and a Ford truck with a 35-gallon chemical tank that was delivered in June 1927. Through almost of all of the Fire Department’s history, the Fire Stations have primarily resided on Broad Street until the current “Station One” on Dixie Street at the old location of the First Presbyterian Church. The new station was completed in 2004 and is a state of the art facility. The London City Fire Department now has three Engines (E-2, E-3, E-4) and one Aerial (A-1) 2005 E-One 114’ Bronto Skylift.