The London Fire Department is NOW accepting applications for the position of Fire Fighter for both part-time and full time.
Applications may be downloaded and dropped off at the London Fire Department located at 911 Fire Rescue Dr., London, KY 40741.
The employee will be expected to perform the following job functions: Fire suppression, emergency medical response, public fire education, public relations activities, public service calls, station duties, pre-fire (incident) planning, training, basic vehicle preventive maintenance, report writing, and other duties as assigned by the Fire Chief or command staff.
• Applicant must be 18 years of age (or older).
• Applicant must be a United States citizen.
• Applicant must have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
• Applicant must possess a valid Kentucky Driver’s License.
• Applicant must possess a CPAT Certification or can be a lateral Transfer from another career Department where they obtained a CPAT Certification before hiring process at that department (Full Time position only) per 739 KAR 2:090.s
• Applicant must take a written test demonstrating knowledge of the fire service.
• Applicant must successfully pass an oral interview.
• Applicant must submit to a background investigation, which will include a driver history check and criminal history.
The City of London is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of London Fire Department utilizes paid and volunteer staffing to accomplish its mission of fire protection. The personnel who are allowed to participate as members of the City of London Fire Department must show they are of sound mental, physical, and ethical aptitude. This is due to the fact that the City of London Fire Department’s mission of fire protection requires its members to have a high degree of public trust.