If you are interested in obtaining certified CPR or First Aid training, please try contacting the following orgainzations:
Knowledge of first aid gives you the tools to save lives, provide patient comfort, and prevent a situation from becoming worse. Be prepared:
- Keep a first aid kit in your home and in your car.
- Carry a first aid kit with you or know where you can find one.
- Find out the location of first aid kits where you work.
The American Red Cross recommends that all first aid kits for a family of four includes the following:
- 2 absorbent compress dressings (5 x 9 inches)
- 25 adhesive bandages (assorted sizes), also found within our Family First Aid Kit
- 1 adhesive cloth tape (10 yards x 1 inch)
- 5 antibiotic ointment packets (approximately 1 gram)
- 5 antiseptic wipe packets
- 2 packets of aspirin (81 mg each)
- 1 emergency blanket
- 1 breathing barrier (with one-way valve)
- 1 instant cold compress, also found within our First Aid Kit
- 2 pair of nonlatex gloves (size: large)
- 2 hydrocortisone ointment packets (approximately 1 gram each)
- 1 3 in. gauze roll (roller) bandage
- 1 roller bandage (4 inches wide)
- 5 3 in. x 3 in. sterile gauze pads
- 5 sterile gauze pads (4 x 4 inches)
- Oral thermometer (non-mercury/nonglass)
- 2 triangular bandages